Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Wed-nes-day!

It is 55 and sunny out today. More than that there was a warm breeze. Catch that? WARM! And the grass is starting to grow back in green. We walked past a patch of it the other day and Maeser got so excited he ran over and grabbed a big handful and made us all smell it. Smells like spring :)


More about the weather:  I still can't believe I said 55 is warm. At home 55 was coat and boots weather, but here it is shorts and sandals! I am worried that I will come home in the summer and not be able to handle AZ heat because I am acclimated to the Utah cold. Anyway...


Today is officially the half-way point of the semester. This semester has flown, even faster than the last. It will be very bittersweet when it ends because I get to see my family (yay!) and it will feel nice to have a year of college under my belt, but then I won't see my college friends all summer, and for the case of most of them, two years on top of that. 


I am also in the process of patching a hole in my pants so wish me luck. I have no Mom here to fix it if I mess up.


On the more serious side, a while back I was feeling very frustrated and helpless and struggling to keep my head above water, so to speak. I found this quote on Pinterest and it reminded me that I am in control, even when it feels like I'm not and to stay focused on what I really want. I told this story so 1) everyone can know I am doing well, 2) I just really like this quote and wanted to share it, and 3) to show my mom how awesome Pinterest is so she will just get on already!!



Hope everyone's lives are going well. Everything is great up here  at Utah. Have a happy Wednesday!