Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Today one of my very best friends had his mission farewell. As I am far away in cold Utah, my parents went to fill in for me. They were telling me how great the talk was and about all my friends from home they talked to and it made me miss home so bad. And I got very excited to see them  when I go home when the semester is over in two months. Then I realized I won't see my college friends all summer and how much I will miss not spending time with them. I came to the conclusion that I am torn between two lives, and I will always be missing someone or something. Then my awesome Mother reminded me how lucky I am to such great friends and environments at home and at school and to always remember to enjoy the moments where ever I am. It does no good if I am always wishing to be somewhere else, with other people, just to turn around and wish I was back. I have always loved the quote "bloom where you are planted". I can thrive at home and at school in two completely different environments and I can love different things about them both. I am so grateful for all my friends and everyone I know at home and at school. You guys are the greatest!