Monday, February 18, 2013

A, You're Adorable

So this valentine post is a little belated, but it's not very focused on the holiday, so bear with me. 

The night before, my roommate was talking about a cute valentines present idea from Pinterest, which was a alphabet flip book of sweet compliments. And I said, "Oh, like the A, you're adorable song." And none of my roommates new it so I sang the whole thing from memory, with the sign language letters like Mrs. Hubbard taught us for the Grandmother's Tea 15 years ago (I feel old that I can say something happened 15 years ago). Then I thought about memorizing The Night Before Christmas, and how I can still recite ALL the colors in Joseph's technicolor dream coat, and about how everything in her room was Mary Englibright, and how special we felt when we got to take a handful of Jolly Ranchers (which for our little five-year-old hands, couldn't have been more than about 8 pieces), and how we loved to visit her classroom as a helper when we were older. Mrs. Hubbard was an amazing teacher and I am so grateful for her influence in my life. 


Gotta love Mary Englbright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment