Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Politics on Facebook

^^ That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. And with all the equal marriage hype, it has reached a new high. I'm all for people expressing their views and debating politics -- I love debating politics, like a lot actually. But not with close minded people, who just attack each other, and especially not on Facebook! 

My professor of my international politics class shared a quote with us today by President Hugh B. Brown that I really liked.

"Strive to develop a maturity of mind and emotion, and a depth of spirit which will enable you to differ with others on matters of politics without calling into question the integrity of those with whom you differ. Allow within the bounds of our definition of religious orthodoxy a variation in political belief." 

I think that says it better than any rant of mine could. Have a nice day, and as Hughie says, aim for maturity and the world will be a much more civil place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment