Sunday, April 21, 2013

Last Sunday.

I taught my last lesson as a relief society teacher today. It was a good one, on trials, that I really enjoyed. I talked about how we can grow not only from our own trials, but from other people's as well. We watched My New Life, which I was surprised how many people haven't seen it or even heard their story. Then I shared a quote from her book by Elder Holland that I really love:


“We look for Christ’s scars because they are evidence of what He did for us. They’ll be the first things He shows us when we see Him again. Your scars tell a story, too. Although they may not make you feel attractive, they are a witness of a miracle, that God blessed you to live, and that you have accomplished very difficult things.” 

While he was talking about her physical scars, I think this applies to the spiritual and emotional scars that everyone has from their own trials. We have all overcome difficult things and have come out better and stronger on the other side. We shouldn't be ashamed of our trials; we should be proud that we endured them well and share our experiences and what we have learned to help other people come closer to Christ. 

Anyway, I really love that quote and I am really going to miss teaching relief society. We will see what lottery I draw in my next ward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment