Sunday, March 25, 2012

Festival of Colors

 So this weekend my friends and I participated in the biggest Hindu celebration in the western hemisphere called Holi, or Festival of Colors. It is the Hindu festival to celebrate the coming of spring by throwing around colored chalk that represents the colors of spring. It was the funniest Hindu gathering I have ever been to, hands down! 

Blow by blow: crazy traffic and we end up getting there an hour later then we planned. Had to park and walk 2 miles. Bought bags of colorful chalk powder to throw at people. Chalk doesn't taste good. Very hard to breathe when "the throw" happens. Sonic is a godsend. All in all, great memories made with great people. 

Pre-holi. So clean!! 
The Throw













I love my friends and am going to miss them in 26 days when the semester is over. But we are going to have a blast in the meantime. Also, HARE KRISHNA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment