Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Best

I hate Utah wether. Today, it dropped 30 degrees and snowed. Snowed! Last week we had relief society outside and this week we ran up the hill to church in a blizzard. 


But on the upside, Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke in my ward today. It was a very special experience to be sitting so close to an apostle of the Lord and have him tell us specifically what my ward needed to hear. My favorite quote he said today was following the story of the woman in the old testament with the blood disorder who touched Jesus's robe and was healed without Jesus consciously knowing. He said "the power of prayer and the power of faith are independent of cognitive recognition." I thought that was a very insightful and comforting comment that really resinated with me that if I have enough faith in line with righteous desires, I can blessed and healed and comforted simply by having faith and praying. That's how closely those commandments and promises are tied. 


I also want my family to know how much I love them. Someone close to me lost her grandmother unexpectedly and I want to make sure that if I ever was confronted with such a situation, that I wouldn't be wondering if they knew how much I love them. Mom and Dad, thanks for the great influence and support you are in my life. Jacquelyn, I know we butt heads, but you really are a great sister and so smart and pretty. Kristen, I always say we would be friends at school if we were the same age, but in fact you would be WAY cooler than me Ms. Stu-ent Body President. Gus, I miss playing Wii and seeing you grow taller before my very eyes and I can't wait till you come up for conference. Lauren, I love you, my crazy baleelee. I know its cliche, but I really don't say these things as often as I should. Just know, I love you all very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment